Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Helmet anyone?

Now that Bruce is more mobile he has managed to acquire several bruises on his head. Poor guy! Whether he's trying to gain his balance and stand up using a wall or is upset in his crib and in his tantrum he's flailing about...his head seems to be a magnet for every hard surface or edge.

On another note, one thing is for sure and that is he does not like his crib anymore. Whether this is a short phase or his new preference I am realizing that the majority of his recent fussiness centers around when he is tired and is getting put to bed. It may be the change in removing the bumper pad and lowering the mattress. It may be the few times I fed him laying down and we napped afterwards. I put him in the crib awake and he bawls. I put him in falling asleep and he bawls. I put him in it asleep and sometimes he wakes up and bawls. Hmm....guess there's no more sleeping in the crib...just kidding, I'm sure we'll work through this somehow.

1 comment:

Lisa R said...

Sounds like Bruce is attached to his mommy, which is a really good thing. I think the older Tyler got the more he realized what was going on and even though he was tired he would act the same way when I left the room. Tyler grew out of it, so just hang in there. I know it can be hard at times. He is really, really, cute, which I am sure helps with the hard times!!!!