Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Front Row Seats

Hooray for the fourth of July! I love singing patriotic songs at church. I wish we could sing them ALL year! We barbecued with some friends. It's inevitable that Christy will end up holding Henry. That's fine by me, we're happy to hand him over! On a serious note, Bruce adores Christy. Even to the point of shrugging me off at times. I'll admit it hurt my feelings at one point. This particular interaction was followed only a few days after Bruce only wanted daddy to play with him, get him a drink, etc. Now that I've had time to think about it I'm okay with it. I should be glad that there are people in my children's lives who are kind, generous, and loving. Of course I want those types of interactions for them. Talking with Kirk helped me recognize another point. Henry does the same thing to a certain degree. He is all smiles for me if Kirk is holding him and vice versa. It's not extreme by any means, he's smiley to us as we're holding him but I see the correlation. I can take it. I get em forever!

A college campus adjacent to where we live puts on a great fireworks show. We made it home just in time to see em. It was nice sharing that little moment together.

And Kirk, why are you stringing a bunch of firecrackers together??


So the moral of the story is that one mortar lighting up the sky is better than two mortars lighting up the sky and one lighting up your neighbors house.

No comments: