Saturday, May 8, 2010

Still here...


just a few states away! Kirk was offered a position here so we packed up and made the move. Our house is for sale, just looked at the listing pictures and am close to crying. It was our first home, ya know, but this job means he's employed and that's such a blessing. We're in an apartment for at least a year, maybe more depending on how long it takes to sell the house. It's a huge apartment community, practically it's own zip code. There is a playground nearby. Kirk has aspirations to learn how to golf since we surround a golf course. Our church building is adjacent to the apartments. We've had a few couples over and have a goal to meet a new family each week. This is the best time to be social since we have the excuse of being new to the area and desperately need friends.

Anyway, the boys are well.

Bruce has started singing a lot more. Songs like "Twinkle, Twinkle" and the Alphabet song. I love it, especially when he'll let me sing with him. He loves Cars. We indulge this obsession with a new car every other week or so. He is sweet and interactive with Henry half the time and rough or indifferent the other half. I had been blowing on Henry's tummy to get him to laugh and Bruce wanted to try.

Henry is teething so my happy, easy-going baby has taken a vacation. I hope he'll return soon! He just started rolling over, back to tummy, this week. His super dry skin does seem to be getting better. I'll admit that I am a little disappointed at the blond hair that's coming in. His hair was darker when he was born. Henry seems to be ready to eat. We got him his own chair so we'll be starting him on some baby cereal soon.

Gotta love the carpet under the table...noo, we won't spill anything on it.

1 comment:

Cook Family said...

I'm glad to see that you guys are adjusting. What a crazy month it has been for you guys! We had carpet in one of the apartments we lived in when we just had Ty so I found a mess mat it was just plastic and it went under the chair it was lime green with a monkey and kind of ugly but when we had spaghetti it was a life/carpet saver :)